- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk (plain, almond or soy)
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen berries
- 1/4 cup of nuts and/or seeds
- drizzle of honey, maple syrup or agave (optional)
- In a jar with a tight fitting lid, add the oatmeal and milk of your choice. Stir to combine.
- Top with berries, nuts/seeds and a drizzle of sweetener. Screw the lid on the jar and put the oatmeal in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, simply grab a spoon and enjoy!
This oatmeal will keep for several days in the fridge so make a large batch for the week ahead.
Peanut Butter & Banana –substitute the berries with bananas and the nuts with peanut butter. Optional – top with a tablespoon of your favorite jam.
Savory Caprese –substitute the berries with chopped tomatoes and the nuts with your favorite pesto.
Pumpkin Pecan pie –substitute the berries with canned pumpkin and top with pecans. Drizzle a bit of maple syrup and finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.