- 2 lbs Fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 box of Pomidiced tomatoes (or 1.5 cans of other diced tomatoes)
- ½ cup Water
- 2 Tbsp Thinly sliced fresh basil
- ½ bag Fresh Gourmet Parmesan cheese crisps
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Melt the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, sauté for 30 seconds. Add tomatoes, salt & pepper and water. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add green beans. Stir to combine well and cover. Cook until green beans are tender (approximately 20-25 minutes)adding more water as necessary.
- Once beans are tender, uncover and increase heat to evaporate some of the water (you want a thick sauce to coat the beans).
- Turn off the heat and add basil. Check for seasoning.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and scatter Parmesan cheese crisps over the top. Serve immediately