- 1 Package of fresh basil washed and dried
- 1 Container grape or cherry tomatoes washed and dried
- ½ Package cheese tortellini
- 1 Ball fresh mozzarella, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 4 oz of bottled or freshly prepared pesto
- Appetizer skewers or toothpicks
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Strain and place in a single layer on a plate or baking sheet until ready to use.
- In a separate bowl, combine fresh mozzarella with pesto and stir until coated evenly.
- To assemble the skewers, tear off a small piece of basil and add to skewer. Next add a tomato, followed by a tortellini. Finish the skewer with a cube of mozzarella at the end of the skewer.
- The skewers can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated in an airtight container until ready to serve.