- 1 Large butternut squash (~ 3 lbs), peeled, seeded and cut into ½ inch chunks
- 1 tsp Cinnamon, ground
- ½ tsp Allspice, ground
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- ¼ cup Tahini
- ¼ cup Lemon juice
- ¼-½ cup Hot water
- ½ cup Pomegranate seeds
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the butternut squash chunks on a sheet pan in a single layer (using two pans if needed). Drizzle with olive oil, cinnamon, allspice and salt & pepper. Toss well to combine.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until the squash is tender and slightly browned. Remove from oven and drizzle honey over the cooked squash. Toss carefully to coat the squash evenly with honey.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice and hot water. Add enough hot water to get to a pourable consistency. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Arrange the butternut squash on a large platter. Drizzle over the tahini sauce and scatter pomegranate seeds over the top. Serve immediately.