My Shopping List
Sweet Peppers and Swiss Chard Turkey Stir-Fry
Courtesy of National Turkey Federation
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. turkey tenderloins, cut into 1/4 in. strips
+ 1/2 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
+ 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
+ 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded & cut into 1/4 in. strips
+ 1 medium yellow bell pepper, seeded & cut into 1/4 in. strips
+ 1 lb. Swiss chard, stalks removed & coarsely chopped
+ 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
+ 2 Tbsp. sugar
What to do:
1. In a medium bowl, toss turkey strips with salt and pepper.
2. Heat 2 tsp. oil over medium-high heat. Sauté turkey in hot oil for 4 to 5 min. or until turkey is no longer pink in the center. Do not over cook. Remove turkey from the pan and set aside.
3. Add remaining 1 tsp. oil to pan and sauté peppers for 2 min. Gently fold in Swiss chard.
4. In a small bowl, combine vinegar and sugar; stir into vegetable mixture. Reduce heat to medium and stir-fry mixture 2 to 3 min. or until vegetables are tender.
5. Return turkey to pan and heat well. Serve immediately.
Calories: 220; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 70mg; Total Carbs: 15g; Protein: 31g; Sodium: 570mg;