- 8 Medium Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Tbsp Truffle oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Put the potatoes into a large pan & cover with cold water. Place over high heat & bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 25 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes & return to a low heat for 1-2 minutes to get rid of any excess water.
- Mash the potatoes until no lumps remain. Add butter, salt & a small amount of pepper.
- Gradually add heavy cream to make potatoes smooth & creamy. Add more cream as necessary.
- Stir in the truffle oil & adjust the seasoning.
- Garnish with chives & a drizzle of truffle oil.